Early College High School
College & Career Readiness
State Models & Research
• Bausmith, J. M., & Barry, C. (2011). Revisiting Professional Learning Communities to Increase College Readiness The Importance of Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Educational Researcher, 40(4), 175–178. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X11409927
• Career Readiness Credential: Assessing and Improving Workforce Skills to Meet the Needs of Employers in the Information Age – ProQuest. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://search.proquest.com/openview/c5d43d24d56748e735f3875d7d6cb771/1?pq-origsite=gscholar
• Casner-Lotto, J., & Barrington, L. (2006). Are They Really Ready to Work? Employers’ Perspectives on the Basic Knowledge and Applied Skills of New Entrants to the 21st Century U.S. Workforce. Partnership for 21st Century Skills. Retrieved from http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED519465
• Handel, M. J. (2003). Skills Mismatch in the Labor Market. Annual Review of Sociology, 29, 135–165.
• Hyslop, A. (2008). CTE’s Role in Workforce Readiness Credentialing. Techniques: Connecting Education and Careers (J1), 83(6), 40–43.
• Lent, R. W., & Worthington, R. L. (1999). Applying Career Development Theories to the School-to-Work Transition Process. The Career Development Quarterly, 47(4), 291–296. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1999.tb00738.x
• McLester, S., & McIntire, T. (2006). The Workforce Readiness Crisis: We’re Not Turning out Employable Graduates nor Maintaining Our Position as a Global Competitor–Why? Technology & Learning, 27(4), 22.
• McNamara, B. R. (2009). The Skill Gap: Will the Future Workplace Become an Abyss. Techniques: Connecting Education and Careers (J1), 84(5), 24–27.
• O’Neil, H. F. (2014). Workforce Readiness: Competencies and Assessment. Psychology Press.
• Olson, L. (2006). Skills for Work, College Readiness Are Found Comparable. Education Week, 25(36).
• Readiness for the learning economy: insights from OECD’s Survey of Adult Skills on workforce readiness and preparation | VOCEDplus, the international tertiary education and research database. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://www.voced.edu.au/content/ngv:62624
• Richard Zinser. (2003). Developing career and employability skills: a US case study. Education + Training, 45(7), 402–410.
• Solberg, V. S., Phelps, L. A., Haakenson, K. A., Durham, J. F., & Timmons, J. (2012). The Nature and Use of Individualized Learning Plans as a Promising Career Intervention Strategy. Journal of Career Development, 39(6), 500–514.
• The ill-prepared US workforce: exploring the challenges of employer-provided workforce readiness training | VOCEDplus, the international tertiary education and research database. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from
• (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2016, from http://www.face.edu/cms/lib04/CA01000848/Centricity/Domain/189/employability-skills.pdf
Making Youth Employment Work
Promising Practices in Work-Based Leaning for Youth
Building Career Pathways to Credential Attainment and Workforce Opportunities
Trade & Soft Skills in SC
Pathways to Prosperity
WIOA, Perkins and ESEA Intersections
Guidance for school districts for the development of Early College High Schools
ECHS Best Practices
View Best Practices of current participating Early College High Schools in New Mexico
Join a collaborative group to connect with administrators and teachers in ECHS programs
Copyright © 2018 ECHS-NM